Why does learning only have to be at school? Take your skills further by using the links and resources below.
My Music, my story project
Create music and tell us your stories – Future DJ’s have teamed up with Dawsons Music, to give free soundtrap accounts for 120 days. Create your account click here, using the code 69KKEWW. Select office 365 and enter your school email.
When you have finished your song, download it as an MP3 and drop it here. You will need to sign in, using your school account. We will be creating a web page showcasing everyone’s work soon.
Helping points – you can use loops, your typing keyboard can also be turned into a piano! Watch the tutorials on using soundtrap, be as creative as possible!
Barking and Dagenham music hub
- Very helpful service for aspiring musicians. They have a host of opportunities for our young community, ranging from concerts, instrument lessons and resources. click here
- If you have instrument lessons the music service have created online lessons, which can be accessed here.
- Our friends at future DJ’s have put together some amazing resources/online learning, download to find out more details.
- They have also linked with soundtrap, an online music sequencer. You’ll have access to 120 days of free music making and composition. All detail below, download and make music!
BBC Bitesize – a great resource, introducing you to different styles of music from around the World
BBC 10 pieces – listen and learn about famous composers. Featured are some of the greatest songs written. Check out the film music section, that gives you guidance and activities on how to compose music.
Improve on your theory
- Time to practise your note reading or maybe you want to take your music knowledge further. Take your notation skills further and move away from the youtube tutorials. click on me
- The theory work below is a great for entry level on learning the basics.
- The website 8notes has a wide range of songs to begin learning and they are free! Start building a catalogue on songs you can play on the keyboard.
- Beginner keyboard songs, ideal if you are new to the instrument. You can download these songs for free.
Studio 3 Arts
#S3AatHome is our online and virtual arts and community engagement programme for people in Barking and Dagenham, and beyond. Over this period of isolation and physical distance, we will do our best to fill the gap with brilliant creative stuff to do, experience, watch, try and learn.
Our team of amazing freelance artists are creating online tutorials for the Big Deal Youth Arts programme – whether you’ve attended Big Deal before or not, you’ll be able to experience at first hand our performing arts sessions. The online sessions will happen at exactly the same times as the ‘real life’ sessions usually do!
making music fun…ECS Music